Traveling can be fun but can also be full of pitfalls. One wrong move and it can ruin your whole trip. You might also end up wearing a winter coat when it’s summer to where you are going or dine in an overpriced restaurant just because it’s the closest that you can find within the place you are staying. Here are essential travel tips for you when you go on a trip, business or personal:
1. Read travel reviews. It’s very common these days to go online first before finalizing a trip. Or you can even approach a travel blogger for that.
2. Use FB or Twitter as your tool. You can always ask opinions and recommendations from your social media friends.
3. If you are a frequent flyer, make use of your miles and spend your ticket money on something else.
4. Travel light and check the weather but do not just rely on what you see in the Internet. Better yet, ask someone who is already there feeling the weather. Sure you don’t want to end up bringing the clothes you won’t even need or buy one just because you don’t have it.
5. Have a copy of your passport with you so in case you lose your passport, you still have a reference for processing a new one. You’ll never know what’s going to happen when you go from one place to another.
6. Check airport websites. It’s always good to know how far your hotel is from it.
7. Check the local transport, otherwise renting a car is always a good option rather than hailing a cab from time to time.
8. Have an itinerary. You don’t want to lose even a minute for something that is not worth doing.
9. Bring your own everything especially if you are on long trips. Sure, the airlines has got pillows and other essentials for you, but it’s always good to have your own. Perhaps a gadget or a music player to keep you occupied should you get a hard time falling asleep.
10. Always have a back-up camera with you and do not just rely on your camera phones. Remember, phones get easily drained when connected to an Internet.