I thought I’d share these tips here. Your child may be one of those who hate or afraid of needles.
- Before taking your child for a blood test, it is a good idea to explain to the child why the test has to be done and how it is done.
- Don’t let your child think that blood test is something to be dreaded. Tests are part of routine healthcare.
- Don’t say it won’t hurt instead be honest that it will sting a little.
- Give your child clear instructions, such as “stay still” and praise them when they do.
- Be supportive and encouraging.
I’m so glad I don’t have to go through all these whenever I need to take my daughter for a test, she is always in her best behavior and cooperates well when this happens.
Source : Taken from a leaflet from Olongapo Healthcare Specialists’ Diagnostic Lab