Home renovations are as popular as ever, despite the circumstances of the coronavirus pandemic. Many people who were stuck at home for the majority of 2020 used this time to improve their space by rearranging, decluttering, repairing and even renovating their houses. Renovations add value to your home, as well as enhancing the quality of your lived experience day to day with higher quality facilities and furnishings.
However, as you will be aware, home renovations aren’t exactly easy during 2021. Financial stress and the reality of the ongoing pandemic mean that those embarking on a home renovation need to be extra prepared for the task.
In this blog, you will find three essential pieces of advice for a 2021 home renovation. Let’s begin, shall we?
1. Coronavirus Safety Takes Priority
Unfortunately, the reality of this pandemic means that extra measures need to be taken during the renovation, in order to keep both you and any construction crew safe from harm. Here are just a few measures that will need to be enforced throughout the renovation process.
- Mask wearing. Both you and the construction crew will need to be masked up while in any close proximity to each other during working hours. This is in order to curb the spread of coronavirus in an effective way, ensuring maximum safety for all.
- Constant surface cleaning. Coronavirus particles can live on surfaces and be passed from person to person this way. Therefore any surfaces that are regularly touched by multiple people, such as kitchen countertops, will need to be cleaned with antibacterial regularly.
- Multiple hand washing stations available. To keep the construction crew safe, you will need to have multiple hand washing or sanitisation stations available around the house.
2. Hiring The Right Experts
When it comes to hiring experts to complete your home renovation, there should be a careful selection process involved. There will be plenty of qualified individuals available to take the job, so it will be up to you to select the right experts for the job. Here are a few things to know about hiring the right people.
- Take advice from your contractor. Your contractor is the go-to person when it comes to sourcing experts such as plumbers, electricians, decorators and designers for your home renovation. If you have found someone online who you believe is right for the job, make sure to query this with your contractor to get their professional opinion.
- Get recommendations from friends. There is no qualification more impressive than a friend who has had a successful renovation and can pass on a recommendation!
3. Always Have A Plan B
Any time you complete a renovation, but particularly during COVID-19, you need a plan B. This means always having the number of an Emergency Plumber in your phone, or that little bit of extra budget in case the project needs to be extended. Coronavirus has upturned our lives in myriad ways, so expect the unexpected in 2021 – it’s likely you’ll get it!