I thought I’d share these tips here. Your child may be one of those who hate or afraid of needles.
- Before taking your child for a blood test, it is a good idea to explain to the child why the test has to be done and how it is done.
- Don’t let your child think that blood test is something to be dreaded. Tests are part of routine healthcare.
- Don’t say it won’t hurt instead be honest that it will sting a little.
- Give your child clear instructions, such as “stay still” and praise them when they do.
- Be supportive and encouraging.
I’m so glad I don’t have to go through all these whenever I need to take my daughter for a test, she is always in her best behavior and cooperates well when this happens.
Source : Taken from a leaflet from Olongapo Healthcare Specialists’ Diagnostic Lab
Hi, Mitch here, a full-time home-based Marketing Manager by day, 24/7 Mom, and a Blogger/Content Creator in my spare time. Proud mom to 2 girls and 1 boy, Derelle, Erchelle, and Elric.
I am happy to share my adventures as I walk through motherhood and having to do most things on my own while my husband works miles away from us. Turning my passion into a profitable venture is another thing.
I also author and manage my 15-year-old blog, which developed my social media awareness over the years.
From being an ex-OFW to doing what I am good at in the comfort of my own home – while taking good care of my 3 wonderful kids, I hope that people see me as a great inspiration when it comes to pursuing my passion and turning it into a profitable venture. A giant leap like this is such a challenging journey but indeed is rewarding. A few bumps along this whole journey did not stop me from being the best version of myself.
1 thought on “Helpful Tips When Taking Your Child For A Blood Test”