“Cold, please leave me alone”.
I just suffered from a severe cold a month ago and it has decided to revisit my system this morning.
According to Wikipedia:
- Colds typically last five to seven days. Please please…. spare me! I don’t want to spread the virus in the house.
- A cold virus can infect the next person before it is defeated by the body’s immune system. Sneezes expel a significantly larger concentration of virus “cloud” than coughing. What do I have to do now? Stay away from Deye? That’s impossible! I’m the only one home from 7pm till midnight.
- Colds rarely cause fever or headache. No wonder headache is very much present in my system these days.
- The best way to avoid a cold is to avoid close contact with existing sufferers; to wash hands thoroughly and regularly; and to avoid touching the mouth and face. Anti-bacterial soaps have no effect on the cold virus — it is the mechanical action of hand washing that removes the virus particles. Okay, now I’m aware. Thanks Wiki!
- As there is no medically proven and accepted medication directly targeting the causative agent, there is no cure for the common cold. At least honey-lemon tea works for me. And Vick’s vaporub applied on my sole. Enough to soothe and comfort me while the virus is around.
I’m begging, please cold, leave me alone!