It’s the 2nd time that I cooked Pochero. The first time, I used tomato sauce in can, but somebody suggested to try pork and beans, so I did. She was right, it’s yummier!
1 kg pork, chopped
2 medium tomatoes, diced
1 medium onion, diced
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
Fish sauce or salt to taste
1 small chick peas (garbanzos)
2 small cans pork and beans
6 pcs medium sized saging na saba, sliced
2 medium sized potato, diced
2 bunches pechay
1 cup water
1) Sauté garlic, onions, and tomatoes
2) Add pork and cook until it turns light brown.
3) Put-in seasonings and pork and beans.
4) Add water and bring it to boil. Simmer until the pork is tender.
5) Add potatoes, saging na saba and garbanzos. Simmer for 5 minutes.
6) Add pechay and turn the gas off. Cover.