All About WSP


Whenever Thursdays come, TGIF comes to my mind. No, not the restaurant. Literally, the Thank God It’s Friday meaning. Here in the Middle East, our weekend starts on Wednesdays. For some lucky people, they don’t have to work on this day. It’s an official off for them. But not for me and my husband. Friday is the only full day that we could spend with our daughter.

We got up at 8:30 a.m. but not Deye. She did later than that. Made her fave “lugaw” (porridge). D went to market right after he had his morning rituals. When Deye got up, he wasn’t there anymore. So she asked me “Dada, gone?” Wow! She knows what gone means already! Hehehe! Fed her. Gave her bath. After brushing her teeth, I grabbed her bath gel and started washing her body. As small bubbles were forming, she said “babush, babush” hahaha! Babush as in gay lingo’s bye-bye, but she actually meant “bubbles” hahaha! D came at around 10:30 a.m. When she saw him, she again said to him another word “kayi”. I was like “what kayi?” D said, Mama, that means “carry” hehehehe! (Anyway, this is supposed to be for her Deyectionary Updates but I mentioned them here already).

D played Chef as usual. He normally does on Fridays as I need to look after Deye. It was nearly 1 p.m. when I got a call from work saying that the driver was on his way to pick up the cupboard that belongs to the company. I was returning it to them. Before D could come back, I managed to put Deye to sleep.

D came with the last load of stuff from the old flat. We had lunch first and then I started sorting the things out. I’ve gathered the old clothes in one box and we gave it away to Church that evening. Instead of handing them down to some relatives, we thought that it would be better just to donate them and make other people happy.

7 p.m. we went straight to Church. Then had our dinner in one of the Indian Restaurants in town. I had the usual Pav Baji and Deye shared it with me. I wonder how she takes it! It was really spicy, but she did! She had it with “lassi”, a yogurt drink.

Then, off to the Souq. We bought her a “crawling baby doll”. While waiting for a cab to go home, we captured her on video. I didn’t realize that it wasn’t a safe place as she was running around the ground. Watch it here and you’ll know what I am saying…

We headed home after that and played with her new crawling doll till the batteries went dead hahahaha! She wouldn’t stop!

Boring Friday eh? That’s why we already planned to take her to a park next week for a change.

A full-time home-based Marketing Manager by day, 24/7 Mom, and a Blogger at any time. I’m 42 and proud. Mom of Derelle & Erchelle, sharing my adventures as I walk through motherhood and having to do most things on my own while my Indian national husband works miles away from home.


  • Analyse

    dangerous nga, .. i always tell louna to give me her hand when we’re outside and there’s some cars.. di pa automatic but im patiently waiting for that day when she’ll give me her hand automatically.. ngayon medyo pilitan muna hehehe..


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Valued Voice