Crema Joe on Unsplash
Whether you’ve moved into your own home for the first time or have been living in the same space for years, we’re all guilty of letting the mess build up from time to time. However, there are many reasons as to why you should focus on keeping your home in top shape. For example:
- A clean home is a happy home. Studies have shown that clean spaces help us focus and relax, whereas clutter leads to increased stress and anxiety levels.
- Keeping on top of your home maintenance also reduces the chances of having to pay for expensive repairs – as issues are addressed sooner rather than later.
- You can increase your property’s value, making it easier to make a sale in the future – while ensuring it meets your needs in the present.
However, when you are busy with work, school, or raising a family – keeping your home clean and well maintained is often easier said than done. It’s easy to push aside a task for a later date as opposed to dealing with them right away.
With that in mind, here are some top tips you can use to get started!
- Make sure that your space is working for you. For example, if you work from home – don’t settle for working from your bed or sofa –set up your own workspace. To do this, you might need to reshuffle furniture slightly – but it is definitely worthwhile in the long run.
- Handle any repairs right away. For example, if your HVAC begins to malfunction, then reach out to a HVAC Repair and work towards a speedy solution. Remember, the longer you leave a maintenance issue such as this – the more expensive it could be to repair in the long run.
- Declutter as often as possible – ensuring that you put things away after using them as opposed to leaving them on the side. While this is okay from time to time, when it becomes a habit, it could get in the way of your productivity.
- Ensure that you keep on top of your cleaning – setting aside a certain amount of time each week to work on keeping your home in the best shape possible. Remember that some tasks – such as hoovering – will need to be completed more frequently, while others only need to be done on the odd occasion.
- Save money on cleaning products by using household items you already have in your cupboard to make your own cleaning supplies.
- If you spill something on a carpet or sofa, don’t despair – but do act quickly. Thankfully, there are various techniques you can use to lift stains and clean carpets – meaning that you should easily be able to remove any signs of damage.
- Spend time keeping on top of your outdoor space – even in the colder winter months. Often, this is the best time to start working on your garden to ensure that it is a Pinterest-worthy garden come Summer – meaning that you will soon be the envy of all of your friends.