Despite having my parents live just next street, and a nanny who does everything for the girls when I travel, I still worry. I find it even more challenging because the husband is not here and works overseas from us, so imagine if something goes wrong, the blame goes to me solely.
When I travel for work, I make sure that:
- the fridge is stuffed or at least filled with the things they might need while I am away.
- enough cash is kept either with my mom or nanny in case they would need to buy something.
- my youngest daughter’s medicines for asthma are available.
- my grade schooler’s homeworks are done. There were times that I had to instruct my eldest and do it over the phone.
- I call in the morning before my eldest leaves for school, lunch time, and before going to bed.
It’s not easy. I might be getting some travel perks that some people wish for, but really it’s not easy to manage.