Plugins are tools that extend the functionality of WordPress and help you make your blogging life easy. Here’s the list of helpful plugins that I have activated in my blogs:
Akismet. It keeps your site protected from spam comments without having yourself stuck to your blog.
AntiLeech. Prevents parties from stealing your content.
Comment Email Responder. This plugin helps your commentators get notified via email as you respond to their comments.
CommentLuv. Rewards your readers by automatically placing a link to their last blog post at the end of their comment.
Do Follow. Removes the evil nofollow attribute that WordPress adds in comments.
FBLike. Adds Facebook like button to posts.
Gravatar. This allows you to generate a gravatar URL complete with options.
Official StatCounter Plugin. Adds the StatCounter tracking code to your blog to know your blog statistic.
ShareThis. This allows your visitors share a post/page with others. It also supports e-mail and posting to social bookmarking sites.
The Slide by SimpleReach. Helps your readers discover more of your blog content.
WP-Ban. Ban users by IP, IP Range, host name, user agent and referer url from visiting your WordPress’s blog.
Yet Another Related Posts Plugin. Returns a list of related entries based on a unique algorithm for display on your blog and RSS feeds.
Want to give it a try?
1. Go to your Dashboard
2. Click Plugin found at the left sidebar.
3. Click Add New.
4. Type in the plugin name/s (in bold) that you would like to install.
5. Make sure the drop down menu at the left side is in “Term“, then hit Enter or click on Search Plugins.
6. Once you found what you were looking for, click Install Now.
7. Then click Activate Plugin.
1. Not all plugins are compatible with the theme/s that you are currently using.
2. Some plugins come with options and can be customized. Check your sidebar, and see under Settings. If you see the plugin name that you just installed, click on it and see what is there to be customized.
3. I would advise that you back your blog up before doing any of the above, that is if you are unsure or you might end up messing your blog up.
Now let me head on to Zildjian Drums site and see what they offer.