When I get a chance (that happens almost everyday anyway), I prepare something for my girls and make sure that before the clock strikes at 4pm, everything is ready! Today, I made muffins without getting messy in the kitchen. Less ingredients, happier mommy!
The other day, my youngest, Ishi requested for pancakes. Since we have it available in the cupboard, I gave in. As I was taking out the half pack (250gms) from the box, I read that you can also make muffins out of it, so I kept the half pack aside reserved for muffins.
250gms Maya Quick n’ Easy Complete Hotcake Mix
1/3 cup Sugar
2/3 cup Water (I used fresh milk instead to give it a yummier taste)
1 tbsp. Olive Oil
2 pcs Over-ripe Banana (mashed)
Grated Cheddar Cheese (toppings)
How to make:
(1) Preheat oven to 400F/200C.
(2) Prepare a 12-hole muffin pan and liners. (The total amount of batter that I was able to make including the banana yielded to 12 pcs muffins. The photo above shows only 11 muffins. Of course, I had to try it haha!).
(3) Combine all the ingredients including the mashed bananas in a mixing bowl.
(4) Mix lightly then pour into the muffin pan. Top them with grated cheese.
(5) Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. In my case, I do not follow the instructed given time, instead, I check it with toothpick.
You can also mix the grated cheese with the batter but I prefer it on top ‘coz my kids get more excited when they see cheese right away may it be on a pizza or pasta.