Running out of meal ideas to serve the family? Here’s my quick version of Lechon Manok Paksiw – Pinoy Style.
1 whole (Adobo cut size) roasted chicken (That’s what makes this recipe quick. Your choice, Andok’s, Chooks To Go, etc whichever is available nearby)
1 whole chopped onions
1 whole chopped garlic
3-4 pcs dried basil (McCormick dried basil is a good alternative, too!)
Original Sarsa ni Mang Tomas (I used 3/4 content of the big bottle)
Salt & Pepper to taste
2 tbsp white vinegar
1 cup water
1. Saute the onions until translucent. Then the garlic until it’s almost brown. Don’t burn it.
2. Add the chicken in Adobo cut size.
3. Season with salt, pepper and basil to taste.
4. Add water and let it simmer for few minutes.
5. Add vinegar. Stir for few more seconds.
5. Serve hot with white rice. Ooohh lala!
You can also make this with left overs i.e. liempo, grilled pork chop and lechon. I always do this especially when I can’t think of something quick to make!